Formerly known as the ‘Santa Claus Pub Crawl’ – SantaFest Pub Crawl is an annual event that raises funds for Charity through admission ticket sales, donations and merchandise. The event is in its 30th anniversary year after a brief COVID absence. It was originally started by a small group of friends as a means of raising some Christmas spirit – and having some fun at the same time. This event is recognised as the longest continually run Santa Pub Crawl in the world. Between 6,000-8,000 are expected to attend in 2023.
“Back on Xmas Eve, 1997; I was attacked by 5 guys leaving a pub in Hurstville. They proceeded to beat the crap out of me - my jaw broken in 2 places, 3 cracked ribs, and a concussion - just because I wasn't going the same way down the street as them. Since that day I've vowed to not only bring some Christmas spirit back, but to also help change people’s attitudes towards socialising with alcohol at pubs – especially at Christmas time. The enjoyment, fun, laughter and friendships that everyone builds on, at the SCPC, are a testament to the fact that you can go out and not be a DICK! Plus we make a lot of kids lives better with the donations we raise!!!”
Neil Webster, Event Organiser
The only requirement is for participants to dress in something Xmassy – even just a hat will suffice. In previous years costumes have ranged from Santa’s, Xmas trees, presents, reindeer, angels, elves – Santa Elvis’s have made an appearance too.
• Green wristband – sold online via our website – santafest.com.au (sales managed through Tickets.com link), food & beverage discounts/entry discounts at participating venues, plus continuous entry on and off our shuttle buses throughout the evening.
• Red wristband – entry just to North Gong Hotel and use of shuttle bus – anyone wearing a red wristband would still need to pay any normal entry fee to pubs/clubs they wish to attend.
Ticket prices and release dates are as follows:
• First Release: Green $25, Red $15 – Monday 2 October - Sun 5 Nov
• Second Release: Green $30, Red $18 – Mon 6 November – Fri 8 December
• Gate Day prices: Green $40, Red $20 – Sat 9 December
The SantaFest Pub Crawl for Charity has a basic route and schedule for everyone to follow. This is not a strict guideline though, and we encourage participants to stay at a pub if they are enjoying themselves or skip ahead to the next venue.
Participants can choose their preferred venues from the range below:
The BigWheelz Party Buses will provide a shuttle service around all the involved venues – with 10 buses constantly circulating from 12pm-3am. Entry wristbands are required to hop-on the buses throughout the night.